Mission For ARCE,ASSAM :-
Late Ataur Rahman was one of the greatest soul and educationist of the state who was started his career as a professor in history at Cotton College, Guwahati, Premier college of Assam. Latter on he joined in politics and became Member of Legislative Assembly from Jania,Assam for consecutive three terms.During his political career he rose to the position of Deputy Speaker of Assam Assemly and then state minister of Panchyat, Rural Development and Agriculture etc.He was also a great scholar and wrote many value able books to his credit .He has done enormous efforts for spreading of education among the weaker and poor people of the state in general and to this vast area of western part of Barpeta district in particular .
In largely attended public meeting in the year 2005, the was an anonymous resolution to start a teacher training college at Udmari ,Kalgachia after the name of such a great son of the state.
The Government of Assam has accorded NOC to the college on the recommendation SCRT and subsequently Guahati University also accorded permission to start the classes .
Now the managing committee has fulfilled all the required norms a acquiring recognition from NCTE, Bhuveneswar and waiting for the inspection.
Vision For ARCE, ASSAM :-
- Develop a comprehension of the principles of teaching and its transformation in to the curriculum transaction and evaluation.
- Develop in pupils the skills, competency to take active part in the complex global educational scenario.
- Provide opportunities to the faculty as well as the students to undertake research project to developed teaching- learning process.
- Enable the students to pull on harmoniously in the profession he is involved and community and society at large.
- Enable the student community to fight out the global existence with peace and solidarity.
- Give exposure to the students community for life long learning and for winding all exigencies, such as life skill along with artistic activity.
The aim of the college is to develop and provide quality Education and training to the trainees with the help of latest educational inputs and technology. ARCE has been established with the physical, mental and financial support of the poor rural peasantry, political visionaries, social workers as well as local people of the area with a noble vision to impart training to the teacher and teaching aimed at all graduates of the area to enlighten emancipate and foster life long learning.