Ataur Rahman College of Education, Udmari, Barpeta (Assam) draws some Rules and Regulations by following guidelines of NCTE & Gauhati University.
ATTENDANCE AND PERIODICAL EXAMINATION
- A student must be regular in attending classes including Practical and internship 75% attendance in each subject and 80% attendance in seminars, group discussions, tutorials, Practice teaching, Craft practical, demonstration, etc. is compulsory for appearing in the university examination.
- Regular monthly and terminal examination shall be conducted throughout the B.Ed, course as per Academic Calendar of the College.
- In case of absence from any examination without any reasonable ground which is not satisfactory to the college administration the students shall not be allowed to appear in the university examination of B.Ed.
MISCONDUCT AND INDISCIPLINARY ACTS
- Damaging the College property inside or outside the college.
- Use of abusive slogans.
- Disrespectful behavior with elders.
- Misbehavior with female students.
- Eve Teasing.
- Violating the dress code.
- Using alcoholic or Narcotic drugs.
- Possessing any weapon.
- Committing any sort of forgery.
- Disruption of teaching, study, Examination or administrative works, co-curricular activities or residential life of the members of the college.
- Written warning and information to parents will be given.
- Fine to be determined by the Principal/Authority of the College/ Management.
- Rejection of admission /de-rolled from the admission register
A library is meant to satisfy the thirst for knowledge. To enable this task certain rules are required to be followed for conduct of discipline for benefit to all. These rules will help in creating necessary condition under which the library in the modern sense can be established and maintained adequately to serve the needs of users. The rules are appended below…
(i). Students must bring library card complete with photo identification duly attested by librarian and principal with them.
(ii). The books will be issued only when the library card is produced before the librarian.
(iii). Books can be issued only on personal cards.
(iv). A student must maintain pin-drop silence in the library.
(v). Books will be issued only for 15 days. After 15 days students charged @ 5 Rupees per day as a late fine.
(vi). When the book issued to the borrower is damaged or destroyed he/she will have to pay the fine.
(vii). Students are strictly prohibited to bring personal books and their belongings.
(viii). If a student wants to keep the book for more than 15 days, the book will be re-issued to him/ her on the decision of the librarian.
(ix). If the library card is lost by the student he/she will have to pay Rs. 25 forgetting duplicate library card.
MEDIUM OF INSTRUCTION
The medium of instruction of the College is English.
The Identity Card is issued to every trainee. The card should be kept by the trainee until the completion of the course. No renewal is required during the course of the study. If the original card is lost, a duplicate can be obtained from the College on payment of Rs. 50/-
Project work is carried out by every trainee during the course since it demonstrates the capability of the trainees for some original approach in the application of theoretical knowledge gained from the course. The project work is finalized in consultation with the Department concerned. Several project works may be carried out during the course according to the norms of the Gauhati University and NCTE.
Great emphasis is laid on discipline and character building. Trainees are expected to maintain a high standard of discipline. The Principal of the College reserves the right to remove from the names of trainees for unsatisfactory conduct.
The college encourages to publish its annual Magazine every year in order to develop the creativity and literary talents of the trainees.
Through co-curricular activities in the College the trainees are taught to be an ideal leader in the field of education.
PERSONAL CONTACT CLASSES
Personal contact seminars are arranged by the College for the benefit of the trainees. Separate communication is made to students regarding the contact seminar classes.